In this episode, we discuss:
- How to build strong multi-asset portfolios for your clients
- How using CTAs and Trend Followers can help mitigate risk
- How manager selection is like a dating process
- How to make good decisions as a team
- How to be well prepared for the next crises
Follow Niels on Twitter, LinkedIn and YouTube.
Follow Alan on Twitter.
Follow Hugo on LinkedIn.
IT's TRUE 👀 - most CIO's read 50+ books each year - get your copy of the Ultimate Guide to the Best Investment Books ever written here.
And you can get a free copy of my latest book "The Many Flavors of Trend Following" here.
Learn more about the Trend Barometer here.
And please share this episode with a like-minded friend and leave an honest rating & review on iTunes or Spotify so more people can discover the podcast.
00:00 - Intro
03:18 - Introduction to Hugo’s work and investing strategy
18:32 - From correlation focused to trading oriented strategies
24:50 - Being allocated to trend followers
28:35 - Challenges of staying invested
30:23 - Being a chef and a critic
39:41 - Making decisions and having a plan
53:09 - People who have inspired Hugo
59:31 - Thanks for listening