"The majority of investors just don’t take the time or don’t have the time to develop an understanding of just how we perform in different markets." - Bastian Bolesta (Tweet)
In This Episode, You'll Learn:
- About the 23 potential markets that Bastian trades, and which ones are actually traded.
- How he uses a “bus stop” metaphor to explain which markets get picked for trading.
"Do not necessarily try to do everything in-house." - Bastian Bolesta (Tweet)
- How he views risk and how he deals with risk management.
- If there are certain markets that are better performing for his strategies than others.
- What kinds of drawdowns he expects his strategy to go through.
"Our drawdowns tend to build up over time." - Bastian Bolesta (Tweet)
- The three different types of investors that come in to his fund.
- What he learns from drawdowns when they happen.
"When you start trading external assets, you will go through a drawdown and have to manage these emotional aspects as well." - Bastian Bolesta (Tweet)
- About the research and futures development that his firm conducts.
- What the biggest challenges are today for his business.
"We can’t fully escape the overall situation that the managed futures space is currently in." - Bastian Bolesta (Tweet)
- What reason investors give for not investing in his fund.
- What question investors are not asking in their due diligence.
- If he was starting out today, the things he would have done differently.
"Really think about where you can develop and grow your business best." - Bastian Bolesta (Tweet)
Resources & Links Mentioned in this Episode:
- Bastian recommends books by Nassim Taleb, including Antifragile: Things That Gain from Disorder.
This episode was sponsored by Swiss Financial Services:
Connect with Deep Field Capital:
Visit the Website: www.DeepFieldCapital.com
Call Deep Field Capital: +41 41 511 5588
E-Mail Deep Field Capital: firstname.lastname@example.org
"We as a team read a lot of books in order to gain an understanding about what is out there in terms of other managers and the space." - Bastian Bolesta (Tweet)