"I never really wanted to be a manager - the idea that you could compete against everybody else and make money was just brilliant." - Barnaby Cardwell (Tweet)
In This Episode, You'll Learn:
- How Barnaby grew up and what got him interested in the financial markets.
"One of the first books I read was Market Wizards - at about age 20." - Barnaby Cardwell (Tweet)
- Why he left being a broker and went in to a more systematic approach.
- How he met his future business partner.
- How they started his fund in late 2008.
- What it was about the Market Wizards books that captured his imagination.
- What he does to compete outside of trading.
- His first mentor and what he taught Barnaby.
- Why he decided to go short term.
"It’s very hard to distinguish ourselves in the long-term timeframe." - Barnaby Cardwell (Tweet)
- How automation has changed his industry.
- How he gets through the hard times in the market.
"If you know you’re system is correct, you know when the market moves happen you’re going to make money." - Barnaby Cardwell (Tweet)
- An overview of the program that his company runs.
- How he set up his company and attracted investors.
- The challenges that let to auto-execution of trades.
"I wouldn’t say our model has evolved too much." - Barnaby Cardwell (Tweet)
- How he builds a strong culture in an organization.
- How he wants people to look at his track record.
- Why he uses time-based stops.
"We’re trying to deliver market movement on short-term timeframes." - Barnaby Cardwell (Tweet)
- The details of the short term models he uses.
- How he creates a strategy.
Resources & Links Mentioned in this Episode:
This episode was sponsored by Swiss Financial Services:
Connect with Cardwell Investment Technologies:
Visit the Website: www.c-i-technologies.com
Learn more about Cardwell Investment Technologies on LinkedIn
Follow Barnaby Cardwell on Linkedin
"We want to trade across as many markets as possible - that’s how we know a system is robust." - Barnaby Cardwell (Tweet)