Investors confuse trend following strategies with long volatility strategies, which is really not the case.—Marc Malek
In This Episode, You'll Learn:
- How 2014 treated Conquest Capital.
- How volatility shows itself in a market like oil.
- What strategies performed well and what markets contributed to their success.
- How he prepares himself for extreme volatility and how he dealt with the Swiss Franc move.
- What intervention does to the markets.
"Correlation amongst asset classes are very different in risk seeking periods than they are in risk averse periods." - Marc Malek (Tweet)
- How his firm would plan for our react to a big market change such as the break up of the Euro overnight.
- Why people use correlation in the wrong way.
Resources & Links Mentioned in this Episode:
This episode was sponsored by Swiss Financial Services:
Connect with Conquest Capital Group:
Visit the Website: www.ConquestCG.com
Call Conquest Capital Group: +01 212.759.8777
E-Mail Conquest Capital Group: firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow Marc Malek on Linkedin