We learn all the time. I’ve continued to learn over the last few decades. You learn it’s never time to do a touchdown dance.—Mike Dever
In This Episode, You'll Learn:
- What Mike’s firm does that blends together different strategies in order to diversify a portfolio.
- How 2014 was for his firm.
- Why they had a great first quarter to 2014 when most CTAs did not.
- How the Interest Rate sector and Agriculture sector did well for the program.
- Why he saw the Swiss Franc move coming.
The Swiss Franc move, as much as it was unanticipated, still gave some indicators that something was going on.—Mike Dever
- How they are in a continual process of learning and subsequently improving their program.
- Convergent vs. Divergent environments and what Mike is looking forward to.
- How to mitigate a big inflow of investment followed by immediate outflow.
- The book that Mike wrote and if the Myths still hold true today.
- Why people think about the long term view when they invest, and think about the day-to-day view when they take their money out.
Resources & Links Mentioned in this Episode:
Listen to 2 hour-long episodes with Mike Dever on this podcast here and here.
This episode was sponsored by Swiss Financial Services:
Connect with Brandywine:
Visit the Website: www.brandywine.com
Call Brandywine: +1 630 361 1000
E-Mail Mike Directly: Mike@brandywine.com