Nobody told me it was a good idea, but nobody wanted to tell me it was stupid, so we did it.—Richard Dennis
In This Episode, You'll Learn:
- Rich’s first introduction to trend following
- Jerry’s early days in the Turtle program
- How Brian ended up as a Turtle
- The TRUTH about where the Turtle name came from
- The surprising way Rich came up with the idea for the Turtle group...NOT what you expect!
- Why Jerry did not answer the first call from Rich when applying for the program
- The preferred qualities of the Turtle recruits
- Why it was hard to predict which of the Turtles would succeed
- Why persistence is important in trend following
- The relevance of the Turtle group in the past and today
- If diversification among markets is always the best practice?
- The right balance of financial futures markets and commodity futures markets
- Why more investors haven’t embraced trend following...yet?
This episode was sponsored by CME Group
Connect with our guests:
We got sufficient training, more than enough; our training could not have been better.—Jerry Parker