"It’s 70 percent losing trades, a bit like a trend follower." - Barnaby Cardwell (Tweet)
In This Episode, You'll Learn:
- What indicators Barnaby considers more reliable.
- How he gets into a trade.
"It’s not good if we come up with a new system and it’s correlated to existing systems." - Barnaby Cardwell (Tweet)
- How important is the position sizing?
- How much AUM his model can handle.
- Risk management: how he defines risk and what he does to mitigate it.
- What he has learned from drawdowns.
"We learned that what we put in place works, don’t deviate from it." - Barnaby Cardwell (Tweet)
- What keeps Barnaby awake at night.
"We’re quite strict on risk. So I sleep alright." - Barnaby Cardwell (Tweet)
- Trading spread between markets and the research his firm is doing into that space.
- Why he focuses on the managed-account route.
- How he stands out from the crowd to attract investors.
"I think we picked up a lot of credibility by trading our own money. We’ve never had a bank’s balance sheet to keep us having a salary." - Barnaby Cardwell (Tweet)
- About “key-man” risk.
- What potential investors don’t ask in their due diligence questions.
- What it takes to be a great trader.
"Be very patient, and pick your trades. The problem is, traders put on boredom trades." - Barnaby Cardwell (Tweet)
- What books have inspired him in trading and life.
- What his biggest failure is so far.
Resources & Links Mentioned in this Episode:
This episode was sponsored by Swiss Financial Services:
Connect with Cardwell Investment Technologies:
Visit the Website: www.c-i-technologies.com
Learn more about Cardwell Investment Technologies on LinkedIn
Follow Barnaby Cardwell on Linkedin
I make an effort not associating the size of the trade or the loss with money equivalents in real life.—Barnaby Cardwell