“It has been more important for us in 2014 to not lose money in certain markets than actually trying to perfectly capture new opportunities.” – Bastian Bolesta (Tweet)
Bastian Bolesta reviews 2014 and details the ups and downs of the year for his firm and the managed futures industry as a whole. In this episode, he discusses the start to the year that he wants to forget, the return of seemingly normal volatility, and the profitable 4th quarter.
Thanks for listening and please welcome Bastian Bolesta.
In This Episode, You’ll Learn:
- How the first half of 2014 was a continuation of 2013 for Deep Field Capital.
- How the “fellows” in their trading program evolved during the year.
- What markets contributed to their growth.
- What markets they lost in during 2014.
- The automated system they use to choose what markets they trade.
- How the markets started to behave in a more “normal” way in the second part of 2014.
- What his highlight was for the year.
“It’s not just a wonder box where every single month you will now make money as you did in 2014. And maybe as a manager you should not accept certain money.” – Bastian Bolesta (Tweet)
- Why to be careful of accepting assets that are chasing past performance.
Resources & Links Mentioned in this Episode:
This episode was sponsored by Swiss Financial Services:
Connect with Deep Field Capital:
Visit the Website: www.DeepFieldCapital.com
Call Deep Field Capital: +41 41 511 5588
E-Mail Deep Field Capital: firstname.lastname@example.org