“2014 may be viewed as the year of the machines, or the start of this phase of machines.” – Dave Sanderson (Tweet)
In this year-end-review, we take a look at how 2014 might be seen many years into the future. Is this when “trader-less” systematic trading caught on? We take you into the workings of a 1-year-old trading technology company, how they succeeded, and where they are going in the future.
Thanks for listening and please welcome back Dave Sanderson.
In This Episode, You’ll Learn:
- It was their first year of trading under the public eye.
- How consistent the statistics were the entire year.
- How the backtest matched up with live data in 2014.
- What led to their profits and where they lost money.
- Why it’s hard to draw conclusions that tie trades back to world events.
- How they made a lot of money in the first half of the year when other trend followers were having a difficult time.
“I would rather be in the hot sector with a good story, than a standout performer in a sector that people are trying to allocate away from.” – Dave Sanderson (Tweet)
- About their one-year birthday party.
- The improvements they made during the year.
- How 2015 will see a “refined” interest in trend following CTAs.
Resources & Links Mentioned in this Episode:
This episode was sponsored by Swiss Financial Services:
Connect with KFL Capital Management:
Visit the Website: www.kflcapital.com
Call KFL Capital Management: +1 (416) 849-1925 x212
E-Mail KFL Capital Management: Info@KFLCapital.com
Follow KFL Capital Management on Linkedin