“Nobody told me it was a good idea, but nobody wanted to tell me it was stupid, so we did it.” – Richard Dennis (Tweet)
Top Traders is bringing you Top Traders Round Table, a series of conversations with industry leaders on the subject of Managed Futures. On this episode my guests are Richard Dennis, creator of the Turtle program, Brian Proctor, managing director of EMC Capital Advices, and Jerry Parker, founder and president of Chesapeake Capital.
In This Episode, You’ll Learn:
- Rich’s first introduction to trend following
- Jerry’s early days in the Turtle program
- How Brian ended up as a Turtle
- The TRUTH about where the Turtle name came from
- The surprising way Rich came up with the idea for the Turtle group…NOT what you expect!
- Why Jerry did not answer the first call from Rich when applying for the program
- The preferred qualities of the Turtle recruits
- Why it was hard to predict which of the Turtles would succeed
- Why persistence is important in trend following
- The relevance of the Turtle group in the past and today
- If diversification among markets is always the best practice?
- The right balance of financial futures markets and commodity futures markets
- Why more investors haven’t embraced trend following…yet?
This episode was sponsored by CME Group:
Connect with our guests:
Learn more about Richard Dennis and the Turtle program
Learn more about Brian Proctor and EMC Capital Advices
Learn more about Jerry Parker and Chesapeake Capital
“We got sufficient training, more than enough; our training could not have been better.” – Jerry Parker – (Tweet)