“During the Turtles program, it was very easy to do what you were supposed to do.” – Brian Proctor (Tweet)
Top Traders is bringing you Top Traders Round Table, a series of conversations with industry leaders on the subject of Managed Futures. On this episode my guests are Richard Dennis, creator of the Turtle program, Brian Proctor, managing director of EMC Capital Advices, and Jerry Parker, founder and president of Chesapeake Capital.
In This Episode, You’ll Learn:
- The good and bad of targeting volatility
- How Jerry and Brian used the rules they learned through the Turtle experience
- Why the Turtle program was just “another piece of risk” Rich took on his book
- Jerry’s experience during and after the program
- Brian’s two biggest takeaways from the Turtle program
- If proper trading can be a real business?
- What Rich would do differently in 2017
- The state of trend following today
- If being a good trader is enough to run a successful business?
- About other passions of the Turtles outside of trend following and trading
- Rich’s secret “career” in baseball
- If Rich has found any counter-trend strategies that work
- Jerry’s views on changing and adapting too much
- What academia thought of trend following 40 years ago
This episode was sponsored by CME Group:
Connect with our guests:
Learn more about Richard Dennis and the Turtle program
Learn more about Brian Proctor and EMC Capital Advices
Learn more about Jerry Parker and Chesapeake Capital
“The trend is your friend, but the rules are your guardian angel.” – Richard Dennis – (Tweet)