“[Bill] thought he was the only person [using trend following], and to tell the truth, I’m not sure that he was completely confident that it worked." - Marty Bergin (Tweet)
Our guest today is the President and Owner of DUNN Capital. Having a deep background in finance and business management, Marty oversees all mission-critical operations of the firm, including the firm’s research and development efforts as well as the construction and management of the firm’s managed futures portfolios.
In our conversation, my co-host Katy Kaminski and I discuss with Marty DUNN Capital's client-first business model, why he believes that their Adaptive Risk Profile has been a game-changer since its introduction in 2013, and how DUNN Capital has evolved since he joined more than 20 years ago.
Thanks for listening and please welcome our guest Marty Bergin.
In This Episode, You'll Learn:
- How Bill Dunn started DUNN Capital
“Bill and I are true believers that it’s the people that makes the business.” - Marty Bergin (Tweet)
- How Marty minimizes risk down to the base level
- What lessons Marty has learned from his time at DUNN Capital
- Why Marty believes being client-centric is key to DUNN Capital’s success
“Bill always said he was on the same side of the table as the client.” - Marty Bergin (Tweet)
- How research plays a larger role within DUNN Capital than most people think
- How DUNN Capital has changed since Marty joined
- How Marty views return dispersion
“If all the stocks are highly correlated, aren’t you really only invested in one thing?” - Marty Bergin (Tweet)
- Why certain “diverse” stock choices are not very diverse
- What makes DUNN's Adaptive Risk Profile unique
- The one thing that is missing from Marty’s trend following program
Connect with DUNN Capital:
Visit the Website: www.dunncapital.com
Call DUNN Capital: + 1 (772) 286-4777
E-Mail DUNN Capital: firstname.lastname@example.org
"The big houses make more money off the management fee than they ever will off the incentive fee, and they know that.” - Marty Bergin (Tweet)