“It was a year, I can tell you in all honesty, that tested your resolve.” – Tim Pickering (Tweet)
Our next year-in-review is from a recent guest who discusses the roller coaster feel to 2014, and why it was a good year for the CTA industry. He talks about what his firm learned from 2014 and why he is very excited about this year.
Thanks for listening and please welcome our guest Tim Pickering.
In This Episode, You’ll Learn:
- The ups and downs of 2014 from Tim’s perspective.
- What markets contributed most for his firm during the year.
- What markets he wished he did better in for 2014 and what he learned from those market shifts.
- The kinds of strategies they trade and what stood out as working well.
“This is a non-correlated absolute returns strategy. Don’t just hire a CTA because you think there’s going to be an equity sell-off or crisis, because that is not the only driver to our returns.” – Tim Pickering (Tweet)
- What big worlds events are visualized in the markets and how they affect the strategies.
- How Auspice grew in 2014 and what were the drivers of that growth.
- What changed in their research process in 2014.
- Why Tim is very excited about the market environment in 2015.
- Why he wants to make sure investors sign up with his firm for the right reasons, not just chasing returns.
- What caused 2014 to be the biggest client acquisition year ever for Auspice Capital.
- What Auspice has planned for 2015.
Resources & Links Mentioned in this Episode:
This episode was sponsored by Swiss Financial Services:
Connect with Auspice Capital Advisors:
Visit the Website: www.AuspiceCapital.com
Call Auspice Capital: +1 (888) 792-9291
E-Mail Auspice Capital: Click here for the web form
Follow Tim Pickering on Linkedin