"I think we are in a major, industrialization of the finance industry. The CTA industry is no exception"Welcome back to Top Traders Unplugged. In this episode we continue our conversation with Dr. Mathias Bucher the Co-Founder of AllMountainCapital. In this episode we go deep in the philosophy, habits and personal traits required to excel in the hedge fund industry. It's a pleasure to have you here and we hope you enjoy the episode.
In This Episode, You'll Learn:
- About Stop Loss, Risk Management and overall Exit Strategies
- How the current drawdown is effecting current testing and research at AllMountainCapital
- How Mathias takes the stress of drawdowns and turns it into creative power
"I always try to channel potentially negative emotion into some positive action. I think that is my personal way of dealing with the distress of drawdowns"
- The research cycles in the program and the company as a whole at AllMountain
- An example of a research idea developed and how it was implemented
- Current research interests in business development and market positioning as a CTA
- Why Dr. Mathias Bucher and Dr. Tilman Keese base their business in Wollerau rather than a major financial hub
- The threats and challenges involved in growing a young CTA firm
"I strongly feel that there is a natural boundary to a reasonable leverage that you should take, as a manager, if you don't want to gamble your business"
- Dr. Mathias Bucher's perception on why the CTA industry excellence seems to be shifting to Europe
- Learn about the concept of the Industrialization of the Global Financial System
- The human traits needed to strive in the CTA industry
- The vision for the future of AllMountain
"Research is a two sided sword. You can do to little and lose your innovation or you can do to much and end up losing the robustness of the model"
Resources & Links Mentioned in this Episode:
"We want to be invested only in the 10-20 best markets at any time."
Sponsored by Swiss Financial Services and Saxo Bank:
Connect with AllMountain Capital:Visit the Website: www.allmountaincapital.com Call AllMountain Capital: +41 (0) 55 511 05 85 E-Mail AllMountain Capital: email@example.com Follow AllMountain Capital on Linkedin
"Sitting in the countryside for me personally is a very good thing. I get a lot of creativity from nature and doing sports. I think I would feel less comfortable sitting in London, for example"