If you read the Financial Times and follow roughly what is going on in the markets, then you will have a good sense of the trades that we hold.—Martin Lueck
In This Episode, You'll Learn:
- How their model changes are very small and gradual.
It has remained predominantly medium-term trend following.—Martin Lueck
- What the Diversified Program of Aspect looks like today.
- How Martin weights the portfolio between financial markets and commodity markets.
It's less about the genius of the trade and more about the repeatability of the approach.—Martin Lueck
- How his model allows them to grow the company.
- About foreign exchange markets and liquidity.
- The 2008 crisis and how it affected their models.
At least we were cognizant before 2008 that a prudent managed account holder will have backup relationships.—Martin Lueck
- The real secret behind trend following and how it works.
- How they are making the transition to a “box-to-box” execution approach.
- How Martin defines risk and risk management.
- About model risk.
I couldn’t spell risk in the early days of AHL.—Martin Lueck
- How their risk team operates.
- Why correlations are a crucial to look at.
- How drawdowns are different than open-ended risk and how to explain that to investors.
- Why succession planning is not an issue for the company right now.
- What his biggest challenge is.
- The evolution that is going on in the managed futures industry in general.
- How small firms are struggling but may see opportunities in the future.
It is a Darwinian process.—Martin Lueck
- What Martin would ask David Harding if he were interviewing him.
- What investors forget or don't know to ask.
- Martin’s advice for managers or would-be managers.
I am way more of a scientist than I am a trader.—Martin Lueck
- A vacation the Martin took his family on, that turned traumatic for a moment and that British Airways learned a lot from.
Resources & Links Mentioned in this Episode:
- Martin suggests books by Antti Ilmanen.
- Learn more about David Harding and Winton Capital Management.
This episode was sponsored by Swiss Financial Services:
Connect with Aspect Capital:
Visit the Website: www.aspectcapital.com
Call Aspect Capital: + 44 20 7170 9700
E-Mail Aspect Capital: email@example.com
Follow Aspect Capital on Linkedin
My business career is not predicated on my genius, it's on being fortunate enough to work with some really talented people.—Martin Lueck