In this episode, we discuss:
- What the 60/40 portfolio will look like in the next decade
- The surprise of markets ability to trend
- The value of Risk Mitigation, but how it’s not enough
- Insights to the inflationary period in the UK under Nigel Lawson
- Why this time feels different
- Lessons from the 1987 Crash
Follow Alan on Twitter.
Follow Alan Higgins on LinkedIn.
IT's TRUE 👀 - most CIO's read 50+ books each year - get your copy of the Ultimate Guide to the Best Investment Books ever written here.
And you can get a free copy of my latest book "The Many Flavors of Trend Following" here.
Learn more about the Trend Barometer here.
03:05 - Alan’s background and current role
04:44 - Risk premium and fixed income
24:33 - Setbacks and drawdowns
26:45 - Inflation
35:06 - Interest rates, bonds and dividends
43:22 - Asset allocation and portfolio construction
46:18 - Alan’s role at Eighteen48 Partners
48:33 - David Swensen and the Yale Approach
50:15 - Risks of private equity strategies
52:16 - Good vs. bad investment processes
55:00 - Managing investment teams
56:52 - Book recommendations
01:01:06 - Summary by Niels